Developer - React Native
Gift cards just became Special! Why? Because we believe those Special, happy moments play a big part in strengthening our relationships with those we care about. We enable our customers to surprise and delight with a virtually wrapped Gift Card. From big brands to local heroes, Special Gift Cards can be used at retailers of all kinds across Australia – online and in-store.
Powered by Karta, an Aussie-born, global fintech disruptor focused on taking the complexity out of gift cards, we are bringing together a collective of like-minded people to work on Special Gift Cards.
We are always looking for talented, curious software engineers, who deliver quality coding and application design.
As a React Native Developer you will design and develop high-quality software solutions to meet project requirements. You’ll report to our B2C Technical Lead and work most closely with Product and Design.
This exciting, newly created role will also focus on quality assurance, to ensure that product quality is in line with documentation. Together with your team, you will also be responsible for ensuring continuous improvement initiatives in line with our quality assurance framework.
What will set you apart for success? Your creative thinking, well-honed problem solving and communication skills to help us design and build great solutions in this early stage of our start-up journey.
What you will lead:
- Working with a team on the development of B2C web and mobile applications
- Delivering on project requirements and tasks, completed to standard and in line with our strategic goals and ambitions
- Analyse requirements to determine key solutions
- Prioritise tasks and support other team members to achieve team goals
- Writing code, always improving our apps, in line with best practice
- Openly share ideas and opportunities with other developers, creating an environment of continuous learning
- Collaboratively solve issues, and problem solve
- Write clean, testable code and reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Test and debug existing codebase
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Document development and operational procedures
- QA tasks, to determine and priorities what to test, monitor the test coverage; design test cases plus define specific tests, schedule test execution then develop test documentation and finally deliver it to a product owner
- Ways of working in line with agile methodologies, supporting team activities
- Participating in agile ceremonies, including retrospective, demos & stand-ups
- Being transparent around challenges, learning from failures, and celebrating successes
- Ensure effective communication channels between contributors to the software development lifecycle including product, UX/UI, or other developers
- Team output, creating a culture of performance, living up to commitments and having a focus on continuous improvement
- Being up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies
What you can demonstrate:
- Expertise in the development of B2C web and mobile applications
- Strong react native experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with full stack development
- Experience in designing and developing web or app-based solutions
- Exposure to DevOps practices
- A passion for technology
- A background in financial services or payments
- Excellent technical capability and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum tools framework
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work across multiple locations and time zones
Your Technical Expertise:
- Expertise in React Native, Native iOS and Android development in Swift and Kotlin, Typescript and Jest is essential
- Knowledge of current security best practices
- Knowledge and experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Exposure to developing APIs with Node JS and C# .Net would be a bonus.
- Exposure to React web, Github or other cloud-based Git solutions would be a bonus
- Previous experience with Confluence, Jira or similar tools is a must
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
- Previous software and web development experience
- Proven experience working in a fast moving, fast paced fintech start up
- You inspire those around you with your positive mindset
- You have a contagious energy, and engaging style
- You are a creative and confident leader who drives change
- You know what ideas will and won’t work
- You are a structured thinker, able to bring clarity of thought
- You apply structured problem solving to any issue
- You use sound judgement using data combined with your intuition
- You are comfortable with ambiguity whilst working in an evolving environment
- You are perceptive and enjoy the ‘hustle’ required to get things done
- You take accountability, living up to your commitments
- You know it’s not just what you deliver, it is how - you do things the right way, every time
Why is working with Karta so special?
We are a growing team, with the customer at the heart of all that we do. We are a welcoming and friendly bunch, on the cusp of something pretty Special! Inspired by the journey ahead and our supportive leadership team, we are all in. We are building our Company culture together to ensure we can achieve our goals and have fun along the way. We are a true start up, figuring everything out as we go, making progress as we
face the usual growing pains. We are pretty excited about our products, the tech stack, and our suit free, open mike no ‘bs’ work style and approach. We are a truly flexible organisation, with the option of remote or hybrid work styles that reflect your role and your personal circumstances.
We know that innovation thrives where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our engineering teams.