Quality Assurance Engineer
Who is Karta?
We’re an early stage, Aussie-born, global fintech disruptor focused on opening up a world of possibilities for businesses seeking simple, seamless, all-in-one payments. What does this mean? We take the complexity out of gift cards, providing new ways to connect merchants and consumers.
Our start-up is well funded, and as we scale, we are bringing together a collective of like-minded people. Our platform is scalable globally and bolstered by a multi-year strategic partnership with Mastercard. Recognising the opportunity, CommBank formed a new strategic partnership with Karta in October 2021.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work alongside the Senior QA Engineer in being part of the testing stages that ultimately ensures product quality.
As a subject matter expert, you will have outstanding knowledge of the end-to-end product development process, have a real passion for process documentation, a knack for executing the testing phase and be a master problem solver, particularly for our product launches.
You will focus primarily on designing and implementing tests, and be responsible for debugging and defining corrective actions, to ensure we continuously improve our approach in line with quality assurance metrics.
This is an exciting opportunity to influence and shape the QA roadmap, understand the holistic experience from UI/UX through to testing and work in a friendly, collaborative team environment where your input is sought after and valued.
What you will lead
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be involved in:
- Initially reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases
- Collaborating across the engineering teams to test user stories in our test and prod environments
- Test UI/UX for responsiveness across different devices and browsers
- Create bug reports with detailed descriptions when found
- Suggesting improvements to our processes
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved, monitoring debugging process results
- Collaborating closely with the developers, design, operations, marketing, finance and sales teams on the QA, and release of products
- Incorporating feedback from our internal teams, ensuring the engineers have everything they need
- Participating in agile ceremonies, including retrospective, demos & stand-ups
- Contributing to the implementation of automation tools and reporting on QA metrics
What you can demonstrate
- Exposure to Web, Mobile and API testing
- Experience in automation and manual testing, experience in software development is a bonus
- The ability to oversee all ‘QA’ elements of the product development process
- A user-centric approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do
- An active role in planning and building automation testing suites
- Familiarity with the Agile frameworks
- Constructive and collaborative ways of working, you are a team player and value the unique skills others bring to the team
- Mature problem solving skills, able to think through the edges, not leaving any far corner of the product untested
- Exceptional writing skills, and the ability to present and tell the story
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or a relevant certification
- Previous software quality assurance, QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience working in a fast-moving fintech
- You inspire those around you with your positive mindset
- You have a contagious energy, and engaging style
- You know how to translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences (and vice versa!)
- You use sound judgement using data combined with your intuition
- You are comfortable with ambiguity whilst working in an evolving environment
- You are perceptive and enjoy the ‘hustle’ required to get things done
- You have a strong work ethic and are of high integrity – everyone knows they can count on you to hit the deadline
- You know it’s not just what you deliver, it is how - you do things the right way, every time!
Why is working with Karta so special?
We are a growing team, with the customer at the heart of all that we do. We are a welcoming and friendly bunch, on the cusp of something pretty special!
Inspired by the journey ahead and our supportive leadership team, we are all in. We are building our Company culture together to ensure we can achieve our goals and have fun along the way.
We are a true start up, figuring everything out as we go, making progress as we face the usual growing pains. We are pretty excited about our products, the tech stack, and our suit free, open mike no ‘bs’ work style and approach.
We are a truly flexible organisation, with the option of remote or hybrid work styles that reflect your role and your personal circumstances.